Since I’m feeling all sentimental, I’m going to share some of my favorite memories from my time in South Africa!
· Looking up at the night sky in the Cederbergs
· The day Ginny, Corie, and I found the little plaza we’re obsessed with.
· Every night at Brazen Head, our favorite bar in Stellies.
· Helen Watermelons at Trumpet Tree
· Vensters and rugby games, being a Stellenbosch student!
· Shark Cage Diving
· Celebrating my birthday at Celebrate
· Old Biscuit Mill
· The time the train stopped and we had to walk home…is that weird?
· Going out on Long Street in Cape Town
· Mzoli’s and then Fat Cactus on Cinco de Mayo
· Ommiberg Wine Festival in Paarl – where I swam in a red wine pool!
· Going to Mama Africa!
· Kloofing, and white water rafting
· Swimming in the Indian Ocean
· Every animal I’ve seen, even the dassie that bit me.
· Hiking Table Mountain, even though the fog was too thick to see anything.
· Knysna with Liz and Corie
· Langebaan with Ad-Lib, great weekend.
· Liz attempting to teach Corie and me to make South African food
· Laid back nights on our excursions, relaxing with the group and a hubbly.
· LSCE Braais
· Everything about LSCE and Lynedoch, especially Grade 3.
· Hanging out in my flat with my lovely roommates
· Ostrich burgers at Jan Cat’s with my roommates
· Doing everything on Africa time.
· When I understand little bits of Afrikaans
· Celebration of Work for LSCE
· Game drive in the Kalahari!
· Sun rise over Augrabies Falls
· Annie’s midday birthday striptease by the Argentinean rugby team
· Riding on the back of a tractor filled with grapes
· Today’s wine tour, specifically Bilton with their amazing wine and chocolate pairings.
· Every friend I’ve made and every conversation I’ve had.
I realize a lot of these probably don’t make sense to other people, but it’s nice to see such a solid list of favorite memories (although I bet no one but my parents actually read the whole list)! I’m sure there are others that I just can’t think of right now. Some things are so simple, but for one reason or another really stick out. I’m so sad to leave this beautiful life that I have here, but I’m glad I have the most amazing five months of my life to look back on forever.